It’s New Year’s Eve, and I just had to share my new favorite hot cocoa recipe because it’s super easy (you barely have to do anything to make it, honestly- it’s 99% Swiss Miss, lol), and I have just made my third cup this holiday season so I figured I should tell the world how good/easy this is.
A quick backstory: Seth and I thought it would be fun to have a hot cocoa date night, so we stopped to grab some fancy new mugs (here and here), and then headed for the hot cocoa aisle. Now I don’t know about you, but I am one of those who has to weigh every option. I mean I want the best! So while I was scanning the aisle for what would be the right hot chocolate, Seth had already grabbed the Swiss Miss and would not budge on his decision. Going in, I was dead set on trying something new, but relationships are all about compromise, right? Let’s just say, I’ll never take Swiss Miss for granted again. I just don’t think you can go better, especially when your in a rush and don’t have the time to make any homemade (maybe next year!).
So with that, I’m going to go ahead and share what I do to kick my Swiss Miss up a notch. Maybe if I post it now, you can go out and get what you need to make this delicious, easy hot chocolate. Hope everyone’s New Year’s Eve is nothing short of wonderful. Bring on 2019!
EASY PEPPERMINT HOT COCOA RECIPE
- 1 Packet Milk Chocolate Swiss Miss
- 3-5 mini candy canes
- mini marshmallows (for topping)
- Hershey’s Chocolate Shell Syrup (for topping)
- peppermint garnish of your choice (I use either mini candy canes or peppermint sticks)
- your favorite mug
- Empty hot coco packet and mini candy canes into mug.
- Heat water (I use a Keurig, but you can also heat your water on the stovetop or use a microwave), and pour over hot chocolate and candy canes once hot.
- Stir until chocolate and candy canes are melted together.
- Top with a handful of marshmallows (the more the merrier :)).
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top of marshmallows (the consistency of the shell topping is so great for hot chocolate).
- Garnish with a some mini candy canes on one side of the mug or throw a few peppermint sticks on top.
p.s. – I thought this coffee mug was hilarious (next year Christmas presents for any mamas out there?! + it’s on sale!)